Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sectional Progress

These are a few sections that i have done to try to define my project. I began to play with the sectional heights of the building as they extrude from the site, but i wanted to keep it low in order to maximize the continuity of the open space above from courtyard to courtyard. In my project, I overtake the pond, and utilize it to my advantage. The pond acts as a sectional barrier from one quad to the other, so in place of the wall height of the pond, my building will take its place and act as a tranitional space into my building. Then, as you move through my building, the stacks fall under the existing stairs, which allow a connection from library to library, as well as define the connection from courtyard to courtyard.











No comments:

Post a Comment