Monday, September 21, 2009

Beginning of my Mapping Process

In the beginning of my process studies, i have been looking at the differences of green scape vs hard scape. In my drawings, i have taken the footprint and massing of the buildings themselves and extruded them down into the plane of paper. The higher the building the deeper the void into the space. My idea was to show the physical and emotional qualities of the green scape into the university as a whole. I will then experiment with the differences of grass vs dense tree coverage vs paved areas vs water scape.

How can these natural environments effect the space as a whole?
How can these green habitats enlighten the space?
How do people interact with these areas?
How does the interstitial spaces interact with the surroundings?

This is my task-













1 comment:

  1. so... how do you express the transitional conditions?... just curious.

    ReplyDelete